Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jazmine Sullivan speaks the TRUTH

"Fear"

I'm scared to try cause I'm scared to fail
I'm scared to die cause I'm scared of hell
I'm scared to kiss scared to hug
I'm scared of sex cause I'm scared to touch

I'm scared to look cause I'm scared to see
I'm scared of you cause I'm scared of me
I'm scared to fly cause I'm scared to crash
I'm scared to move on so I live in the past

I'm scared to fight cause I'm scared to bleed
I'm scared of love cause I'm scared he'll leave
I'm scared of drugs I'm scared to drink
I'm scared to swim cause I'm scared to sink

I'm scared to learn cause I'm scared of truth
Don't wanna gain weight cause I'm scared of food
I'm scared to think that the label dropped me
I'm scared to think of my album floppin


And that is just the first verse. 
I'd write about it, but I think the words she penned for her "Fearless" album, says it all. How many things do we ALL -NOT- do in order to -NOT- feel pain? 

I know that the first stanza implies that I am a virgin because of my fear of touch...but I've already explained that I am, so there's no need to go into that. Well....I'm not really scarred of touch, but I do not TRUST a great deal, and that which I do not trust, I do NOT want to Touch me...:-).

Just food for thought...I hope that you, whoever you may be, are not NOT doing things for the wrong reasons. Fear of an Almighty Being is one thing, fear of all of the above...is quite another.

No comments:

Post a Comment