Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Book of the Month: Wild at Heart


 This month's book is the companion to last month's book, Captivating. In fact it was actually written BEFORE Captivating, by John Eldredge. I do believe that this book is insightful and helpful for both sexes, just as the last one was and is. The biggest reason why it is helpful is because it is written with the heart to unearth the Truth of a man, not to control him. It does string together a bunch of should's and if only's to shame or degrade men, but instead goes to the heart of the damage done to men and fills it with God's gift of purpose and life. 

I can say this with a fact, that it has been a helpful resource to me as I have sought to understand my brothers and earthly father. It helped me to understand my role in a lot of the stories that have happened around me, and most importantly it helped me to forgive a lot of perceived wrongs where men were concerned.

To me, this is a book that can help women to understand the desires lurking behind the blank stares and guarded hearts of their beloved ones. It can help bring understanding to the innate differences in their sons and daughters. It can help to bring understanding to how a childhood wound to a boy can lead to deathly scars for women who may deal with the man. But more than that, it is a book of healing, and promise and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment