Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Still Scared

I just got off of Facebook....why? Because two guys, who I dearly love, like brothers, were online...and instead of reaching out to them, I retreated like a coward.

And what am I scared of you ask?

No F-ing CLUE!!!!!!!

None, whatsoever!!!!


Maybe I'm scarred that they will say, I'm tired of talking to you, or you're bothering me, or Please leave me alone...or.....who knows????

The thing with fear is that it's always worse in our minds than it actually is in real life. Well irrational fear is anyway.

I mean whether or not those guys really do feel that way or not, if my motives are from the wrong place, then I probably should rethink my actions. But if my cause of first action came from care, concern and love for the other person, then Fear has to be abolished for the good of all involved.

Now I am NOT saying that my positive and altruistic motives will prevent me from getting hurt in the process, nope. Nor will it mean that things will necessarily go down as I want them to. But what I am saying, is that with correct motives, I may be hurt because of the actions of another person...but I won't feel guilt or shame included. The wound will be strait-forward and much easier to mend, than if I had other motives.

Thankfully, by just writing this...I went back online, and contacted those two guys...both who are hurting because of the loss of a brother. One, did not write back, but the other made me cry...tears of joy.

Lesson Learned...It's always worth it to reach out to another person, even if you don't know what to say, and feel inadequate.

2 comments:

  1. The paragraph that starts, "Now I am NOT saying that my positive and altruistic motives will prevent me from getting hurt in the process, nope," is quite true. Very true, in fact. I'm glad that you reached out to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Sometimes I find I just need to get over myself and do what I know is right...lol.

    ReplyDelete