Sunday, May 2, 2010

So, because I'm single, I want to steal YOUR man LOL!?!?!?!

Yeah......not really....

It's amazing what coupled off, insecure women will transfer onto confident single women. 



I recently went to a free sporting event, where no lie, I was looked at as if I was Belzebub himself, by another female because I didn't come to said event with a guy, and happened to be speaking to other men in the room. My bad! I was just trying to rectify the opinions of some of the men in the room, where it came to college football!!

I mean, I am not going to shut my mouth, when I KNOW your man is wrong just because you, as his woman, are insecure in my presence.

Furthermore....newsflash, if I'm arguing with a man, even and especially your man....I Don't want him!!!!! Especially if we're arguing over sports!!!!!!!

I mean I know my way around everything ESPN puts on TV, even the Spelling Bee, so I can converse with virtually any guy over any sport. But if I'm arguing with him, he's getting negative points in my universe every time he opens his mouth to dispute me.

And I don't care how attractive, tall, or chocolate-y he is, or you think he is, I DON'T WANT HIM!!!! Telling me I'm wrong, while watching any sporting event, is a one stop train ride to the Other side of my grace.

Besides, I don't want any man who is supposed to be attached, or is actually attached. I mean if he'll cheat on you with me(not sexually), he'll cheat on me with someone else. Guys like that aren't worth the price I'm paying for this internet connection at the Free Wi-Fi spot I'm at.

So really, attached females, don't go looking at me crazy because your man took more interest in his  conversation with me during the commercial break than he has with you in your entire relationship... look at your man cross-eyed. He's the issue, not me.

And I can't believe I'm going to say this, but, as a "Road Dog" of mine is oft to say, "I'm gonna be me, that's all I can be", so get out of my mouth, and back in your man's.


So, Lesson Learned?
Not a darned thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem with that:
I probably should have learned something, but I'm being hard headed right now, so yeah, I've got nothing...

Next?....LOL.......




OK, now that I've spewed my venom :-), I guess I can speak honestly and out of Love.....

Really, I am sort of infantile in the way I view men. And yeah I know not many look at guys and try and see their true value the way I do. I don't see good looks until after I see his worth. It's why I don't like dating, I think people can put on convincing fronts and lie for the other person if they so desire.

I'm not interested in all of that.

I am interested in who you are...when you're with your homies, when you're with your Mom and Dad, when you're around kids, when you're in a tough bind, when those who are close to you are in a tough bind.

I don't consider guys attractive until those questions are answered. Really!

Perfect example, in college there was this guy that every female, that I came into contact with, it seemed, thought was HOT. I mean I heard songs dedicated to this dude...A Lot. He was the guy every guy wanted to be, and every girl wanted to be with...for the most part anyway.

Got to the point that I couldn't stand hearing his name. All anyone had to say about him was how good he looked, and so I figured there was nothing else to him. Besides, if he knew all of the comments that people said about him, I just knew that he was going to be one stuck up, sniffing his own arse and thinking it smelled like roses- dude.

When I'd be in areas where he was, I'd move or switch seats with folks just so I didn't have a clear view of him, and also so that they wouldn't put a permanent kink in their neck in order to see him.

So then came this day that I happened to be sitting one row in front of him at a sporting event, and as always I was yelling and berating the refs for calls that I felt they had missed. (Take note, be kind to the refs...that's all I'm gonna say about that LOL)

Like I said, I'm getting fired up, and I guess I said something that he heartily agreed with so he said, "You tell 'em girl!", or something like that. I can't remember what I exactly thought of his exclamation at the time, but I can't think it was too good. In any case this guy said it sort of loud, because although I was only one row in front of him, he was sitting like four or five seats down from me, and I had heard him perfectly well.

Anyway, I sort of nodded my head without turning around, as my acknowledgment of what he'd said. So then he says it again and a bit louder, and I actually remember being pissed. I mean he was, in my mind, a grade A douche for lording his good looks over everybody, and I was not going to bow down and worship like every other girl at our school. I mean, didn't he have enough admirers??? Did he really need my worship as well?

Well too bad, he wasn't going to get any!!! So in my self-righteous as all get out anger I nod a little harder without turning around. This time though, a male friend sitting next to me, obviously confused at my behavior says, "Um, he was talking to you...".

In my head I was literally cussing my friend out, without the actual curse words of course, but the intention was there. So I turned around and gave the guy, I'll call him Adonis, (idk, leave me alone), a tight smile and a nod, and then promptly turned back around to finish watching the game in peace.

Jump forward a year, and we'd had a couple of other moments like that, and a couple of mutual friends who I'd actually speak to in his presence without actually acknowledging him.

Then one day,  I was sure that the world had crumpled around me, and my carefully laid plans for an amazing weekend had gone awry because of one of our mutual contacts.

When I saw Adonis that day in school, and asked if he knew anything of the mishap, he contacted this person promptly and right in front of me. And when no good news was forthcoming, Adonis went into Superman mode....for me, no lie.

This guy who I had written off, through no fault of his own, actually helped me forget the unfortunate situation I was in, by practically doing a stand up routine. Even though it was my naivete that had gotten me into this mess by trusting someone I didn't really know to drive me somewhere rather important at the time; and even though I had not been very kind to him, he didn't hesitate to step in the middle, and try and make me smile.

From that day forward, I loved him to itsy-bitsy pieces. Even liked him at one point...but that story is for another day.

My main point is, is that, although my methods were no doubt screwed up, my intentions were not. I did not, nor do I ever want to be attracted to some pretty face with no heart and no courage or convictions. The man behind the veneer is who I am interested in or repulsed by. And a guy who would flirt with me with his woman nearby definitely falls into the "repulsed by" category.

So seriously, when I say I don't want your man, I mean it. I Do NOT Want YO Man!

I don't roll like that, and I never will.

Ok, New Lessons Learned?
Still not a darned thing...oh wait, don't judge a book by his super good looking face.....he may actually be just as beautiful on the inside as he is out....ugh! ;-)

Problems??
Now I actually have to be nice to everyone until they prove themselves worthy to be called a douche....and even then I still Should be nice.....UGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Um...just out of curiosity cuz, who was this super hot Adonis? Did I miss something in high school or was I totally not paying attention?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no...this was college :-) I'll have to show you pics when we see each other soon!!!

    ReplyDelete