Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reason's You're Not Married...Translated

So this is for my Cuz ABCiE, cause she so thought that this article was "Rubbish!!!!!!" and "Horrible!!!"...these are of course my nicer versions of the words she actually used LOL!!


The article was written by Tracy McMillan, a three time divorcee, if I'm not correct, or is it three times married...in any case, the day before Valentine's she puts out an article that details the reasons females -who want to be married- aren't. So let's look at a few...and let me be honest, I agree with what she said whole heartedly...you don't have to... LOL ;-).



1) You're a B****
Here's what I mean by b****. I mean you're angry. You probably don't think you're angry. You think you're super smart, or if you've been to a lot of therapy, that you're setting boundaries. But the truth is you're pissed. At your mom. At the military-industrial complex. At Sarah Palin. And it's scaring men off.
 This is her translation of her phrase...and I for one AGREE to the BILLIONTH POWER!!!! Have you ever noticed that it isn't the most put together or successful women getting married, it's the one's who seem like that they haven't a care in the world...it's because they are NOT angry. Most women I meat are wonderful, beautiful, loving women...with a chip on their shoulder the size of the Grand Canyon. Whether it's penis envy or wishing for a closer human connection...they are ANGRY...scratch y'all are angry.
I'd put myself in this category, except, to be honest I'm not, so I can't. But face it ladies, chances are, if you go around bad mouthing your exes to any-and everyone you meet; if you think every guy is out there has plans to hurt you...if you think that there are no more good men out there in the world....you're angry.  
Now let me be clear, I am NOT blaming you or myself in the past for this transgression. We've been let down TONS by most people around us, our parents, our Father's, our Pastor's our friends, our BFF's, and the men who have promised to cherish us to the end of time....but if you allow that to color the way you see the rest of the world, if you cannot own the hurt and then forgive them for being...human, then you end up walking around as a billboard sign for the "AWA" Angry Woman's Association. And who wants that?


2. You're Shallow.
When it comes to choosing a husband, only one thing really, truly matters: character. So it stands to reason that a man's character should be at the top of the list of things you are looking for, right? But if you're not married, I already know it isn't. Because if you were looking for a man of character, you would have found one by now. Men of character are, by definition, willing to commit. 
Instead, you are looking for someone tall. Or rich. Or someone who knows what an Eames chair is. Unfortunately, this is not the thinking of a wife. This is the thinking of a teenaged girl. And men of character do not want to marry teenaged girls. Because teenage girls are never happy. And they never feel like cooking, either.
 This right here is probably the ultimate crux of any argument out there!!! But there is so much to this, that it is hard to explain, so I shall try. I know tons of women who their reason for being ANGRY is that they feel like they have been judged by men to be unworthy of love because of their looks. MULARKY!!!!!...but I digress. Men are way more visual creatures, but even they are not immune to truly beautiful women who know their worth has nothing to do with color of their eyes.
But many take the insecurities of men and try to own it for themselves thinking they are justified in doing so. The logic working something like this, "Since you can judge me...I'm gonna judge you back...and btw you're not even all that so move along!!"
It feels great getting your empowerment on, but the truth is, is that you've fallen even further into a wormhole than most guys aren't willing or even able to. Men may be visual, but their ego is even larger. And a woman that makes them feel good being a man is going to become the most BEAUTIFUL woman in the world to them, regardless of what she looks like.
Women who try to do the same, fail...because women must first become vulnerable enough to allow a man to make her feel beautiful, Men are not immune to true inner beauty, women can make themselves immune to a man's strength, and thus shallowness for a female will lead to loneliness and sure heartbreak. Besides, men, in general don't like being picked for their looks, I mean if they look good sure, but if you have this thing for ultra buff red heads, then at some point the guy is going to be bothered that THIS is what ultimately drew you to him, and not his manly attributes as a man. Women tend not to mind being chosen for their looks, so once again...FAIL.


Alright...I feel like I've written a WHOLE lot, and surely there are some peeps who utterly disagree with me. I'd love to hear your takes!!!!

There are four more reasons which I will expand upon in the next two weeks...so discuss away!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Yeah I'm pretty sure I referred to her article as bullsh*t. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Yeah...I'm pretty sure you did too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete