Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Propositions "R" Us

A couple of months ago I went to Wet Willies with some friends. I had never gone before, so I actually thought we were going to a night club instead of a slushy bar/restaurant. This fact did matter since I put on quite an outfit for the occasion thinking that I was going to be dancing and such.



There was nothing salacious about the outfit at all, it was just "jazzy". I was completely covered from head to toe. There was the black, matte jersey, tube top dress that came to my knee, and was NOT form fitting at all. Then there was the cropped jean jacket that I wore over it, thus covering my shoulders. And last, but, definitely not least, the knee high, four inch heeled, black boots.

Like I said everything was covered, but my neck and face, and the tiny swath of skin at my knees that demarcated the change between my dress and my boots.

Needless to say, I got more attention in that outfit than I had bargained for. I was over dressed, and upon learning of the nature of the establishment, immediately bored. I mean I tried to watch the basketball games on the flat screens above everybody's heads, but don't ya know, every time there was a commercial break and my eyes would lower to human level, there'd be some dude trying to catch my eye.

And not just any dude...the SAME dude. I even switched TV's I was looking at... no luck. To make this potentially long story short, this guy weaseled his way into the group of girls I was with, and eventually got his introduction to me.

I was trying not to be a *witch* about the whole episode, so I nodded my head and sorta smiled, before finding something else to be entertained by. Then comes the goodbye hugs, which, why he thought I should be apart of that fiasco was beyond me. Nevertheless I obliged, and then he opened his mouth close to my ear and started speaking.

There's no need to repeat what he said, especially since I tuned out upon hearing him trying to be sexy by whispering in my ear.

When I had had enough of standing too close to him, which didn't take long, I stepped away and as nicely as possible told him that the words he was looking for to every question he had concerning he and me were, "no" and "never".

His reply? "I knew you weren't that type of girl."

My reply? "Yeah, well you should have stuck to that thought then."

Now, this isn't the first time I've been propositioned. And last time it happened I actually was confused by the whole event, but once again, that's gonna have to wait for another day to be told.

But, in any case, I am sorely disturbed each time this happens. I mean, guys can only keep doing this type of thing if they are getting some sort of results, right? And if that's the case, then seriously, I guess I should be mad at those females who actually allow this sort of disrespect to get them to open their legs.

And disrespectful it is, no matter which way it is looked at. This guy and the last one as well, didn't know anything about me, not even my last name. I mean I could be a serial killer or psycho for all he knows, and he's willing to give me access to his most sensitive member???

ok...Lorena Bobbitt ring a bell Casanova?

I mean seriously, guys are you that desperate for human touch? Really?? Get a sports massage...Stat!!!

When it comes down to it, episodes like this lower my already low expectations of guys/men/boys. And that doesn't mean that I am willing to settle for anyone in that bracket, it just confirms my ideas that I was born in the wrong era if I wanted to get married to a decent guy who wasn't gonna look at me as if I was nothing better than a one night stand.

I honestly, would much rather Never have sex, than have it and feel like a piece of crap after wards. I've heard what that sounds like, and seen the aftermath, and I want none of it.

Lessons Learned?
I find that I would rather sit amidst a bunch of frogs  and stare at them as if they are Satan, than to kiss any of them in order to find my Prince

Problems?
A whole lot of them,because in the end of that story I end up as a Princess who smells like frogs w/o her Prince....ugghhhh this sucks!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment