Friday, June 4, 2010

Love and NBasketballA

So the NBA is looking for bloggers for their website, and someone thought I would be a great addition to their staff of "on the free" writers...I don't think so, though.



I mean what kind of sports blogger would I be talking about guys as I do. I mean, I give guys names like, "The Nose", "The Knee" and "Band-Aid", I don't even know these guys by their real names...well most of them. Why learn these guys real names when all I want to do is know them long enough to ask them to "Shoot the J", ala Dave Chapelle's Prince impersonation.

I  enjoy my nicknames, and I enjoy most if not all sports, so during the Fall, I will probably NOT have any idea of what's going on in the NBA. And more importantly.....I will refuse, REFUSE to give props to unworthy, bratty, no-moves, overpaid and over-hyped neophytes.

The fact that most of my articles would be scathing reminders of how the best basketball was played before the NBA allowed guys to jump strait from HS to the pros, to say the least, I'd be fired and taken off of their blogger boards before I ever got the chance to dig into ESPN writers for proclaiming "The Forehead" as the BEST Laker EVER if they beat the Celtics......sacrilegious.

So, what's my point?

This is just another reason why I am single.

Can you imagine, a guy I'm dating, wanting to watch a game in peace...and then I start yelling at the TV, and the retarded announcers because they want to crown someone as the best player in the NBA who has never won a Defensive Player of the Year Award? I can.

And don't let this guy cheer on the wrong team...ie a team from the West Coast.

When it comes down to it I can talk till the cows come home about virtually any sport. And I REFUSE to shut up just because I'm female and I'm not supposed to know anything about sports. And while this may get me admitted into the boys club, this also intimidates guys because they can't BS me.

I don't know where this leaves me, but yeah, as long as I get the remote on Saturday's in the Fall, I'm happy.

2 comments:

  1. Here's to you finding a guy ready for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hon!!!!! And here's to me staying away from nuts who think they know sports...but don't in actuality.

    ReplyDelete