Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How to Remain a Virgin??

So, I was looking for something to write about and I googled "remain Virgin" and I got this wiki article that had me agreeing and scratching my head at the same time.

I mean for a teenager who is having a hard time it's a great article. I mean I agreed with everything...until I saw under "warnings" -
Don't publish that you're a virgin. Virginity is a personal thing and should only be disclosed to people you completely trust. You can be made fun of if you're not careful. You need to trust the person before telling them. If he/she has earned your trust then, and only then can you proceed.
Oops.

I've considered getting a T-Shirt that says VIRGIN, with no plans of changing. The only reason why I haven't is because I don't want to come off as judgemental for those who have made different decisions. Worry over getting made fun of...has never entered that equation!! Of COURSE I'm going to get made fun of!!!!

From those who don't understand, from thse who think that I am missing out; from those who think I am simply being naive or have made the decision because I've had no good opportunities to change that status. But, if I worried about being made of then there's a great many things I would have done in order to prevent that from happening.

Don't get me wrong, I know that now-a-days getting made fun of can end up on YouTube, Facebook and MySpace. Therefore it's a lot harder to put stuff behind you when it keeps popping back up everytime you getr on the internet. But, if you start making decisions and start acting in order to NOT gain a bully, then you'll set yourself up to live in fear for life...but these are just my opinions.

But really, what is with trying to avoid people from knowing how much we resepct ourselves?? Seriously??? I know that whether or not you're a virgin is a peronal matter, but I would think that letting someone get attached to an idea of us that isn't true is the opposite of respect. I can in some respect, get why a preteen may need to hold their ideas to themselves, I don't like it, but I get it.

But for a grown person?? Keeping one's virginity a secret that only one or two people know about, is simply ludicrous. Your personal choice should be reflected in other areas of your life...like what you talk about, how you date, who you date, where you go on dates, and how you interact with the opposite sex. It SHOULD matter, and it shouldn't have to be kept under wraps.

Now I know that I say this in the same breath that I say that there are many males who believe that I am NOT a virgin, but that's only because they ASSUME that there are NO more virgins past a certain age. I don't keep my status a secret, but I just keep the conversation so far from sex with the opposite sex that no one has the opportunity to ask me otherwise. LOL.

But like I said before...these are just my opinions, and yeah... :-)  What do you think??

Should one's virginity be kept a secret?


No comments:

Post a Comment