Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pesky Battle of the Sexes

I have spoken many a times about the fact that for some reason, guys like to discuss their grievances with the female sex with me. And while I don't quite understand my overall popularity, I am honored by this...and annoyed...jk :-).

One of the biggest issues I have confronted is the idea that all women are bounty hunters, gold diggers, swindlers, pick-pocketers, and in general no good thieves. This is especially true if the girl happens to come from nowhere, is really good looking and ends up with an extremely wealthy guy.

To this I say hogwash.

And why hogwash? Simple, men are looking for women who are good looking to procreate with, and women are looking for guys who can provide them with security. Obviously, the more money a guy has....supposedly, the more security a guy can provide. 


Conversely the more good looking a girl is, the more she is supposedly worth.

I'd say that I am disturbed by both associations, but I'm not. Men in general make more per hour for the same work than women, additionally I've seen more men disturbed by their partners making more money than them, I'd say that the status quot is even. And this doesn't even take into account the many professions and recognition that I cannot procure because of my sex.

Ever watch a WNBA game? What about college, how many students make it out to the FREE women's athletic competitions of their own college? How many women do you see on the sidelines of pro football, basketball or in the dugouts of baseball games? What about the writers of ESPN or SNL? What about NASCAR, wrestling and boxing? How many shoes are named for female athletes? How many Fortune 500 companies have women at the helm in the CEO roles?

Don't get me wrong, I know that there have been some amazing women that have been able to break into some of the all boy clubs of these establishments in recent years, but the pay scale is laughable. WNBA players make more money playing overseas than they do in the US, and they still make less overseas than the average male also playing overseas. It took UCONN Women's Basketball team breaking the UCLA's Men's Basketball win streak to sellout their arena. Like I said, there are some clear exceptions to every statement I've made, but the fact still remains that men have a much better chance of making a boat load of money than women.

Now I will admit that there are women who literally hunt for only the biggest fish in the pond, but then again, guys do you really want her? I mean really?? And if your answer is still yes, then honestly answer the question "why?". Is it because she's such an amazing conversationalist, or is it because she is so physically attractive to you? Remember, I requested honesty...

And I think that if I can understand and am not offended by being valued by my looks by men. Then I think men should stop allowing their feelings to be hurt by women who value them by their net worth.

But let's be crystal clear....I do NOT condone either behavior.
I am saying that I understand both behaviors, and that I am mad at neither.
Shallow is shallow no matter the preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment