Friday, May 14, 2010

Not Quite Pointers...

I have been sort of guilt tripped into NOT writing anymore of my Pointers to being a Platonic Female...but that will only last so long. Let's be honest, I like passing on knowledge, and heaven knows that I know THAT subject the best :-)



...OK, I lied, I will be talking more about the Platonic Female...why? Because I know HER best. AND we've had some pretty great times together.

Like the time I found out that my half sized bed was actually big enough to hold two adults in it without them touching.

I was in College staying on campus in a coed dormitory. Each room was apartment style with each person getting their own room with a door they could lock. But no one ever did.

Well, there was a particular time that a guy who stayed down the hall from me pissed me off while we were at a baseball game. I can't recall what he said, but suffice it to say, that I didn't want to see him for at least a few days.

Anyway, that evening he comes by my dorm room to try and convince my roomie and I to go out with him and his roommates. As I was still pissed I stayed in my room with the lights off and the door closed, hoping that he would get the picture that I didn't want to associate with him AT ALL.

He didn't. It might have had something to do with all of the pre-gaming he and his roomies were doing, but whatever. So he asks if I'm in the room, gets an affirmative answer from my roomie, and proceeds to walk into my room and get into my bed beside me so that we could talk....

It is at this point, that I shall remind everyone....I am a virgin, not a born-again, or a not-really virgin, but a VIRGIN, so yeah none of that went on LOL.

Anyway, how he got into the bed was almost as hilarious as my bed holding more than one individual anyway. I was on my stomach at the edge of my bed, and the other side was flush against the wall. So when he got in, he actually rolled on top of me to get to the free spot in my bed.

I can't even truly remember how the conversation in my bed began because I was so astounded by him being on top of me, even if only for a brief moment that it took my mind a moment to catch up with the words rolling out of his mouth.

And, no, he wasn't trying to sleep with me(I think I'm pretty sure about that). In fact the entire time in my bed not even a hair of either of our bodies touched, so it was actually a completely innocent interaction...after he actually landed on the bed.

I guess I should actually explain what the rest of the conversation went like, he basically told me that he didn't mean to hurt my feelings after I informed him of the occurrence. And then he admonished me to "Man Up" and stop being a baby.

It was actually pretty funny since I couldn't really see him as I was telling him...whatever it was I actually said...but to say the least, the interaction managed to come to nothing. Although when I repeated part of the tale to my Dad, he swallowed a cow :-D.

What made the whole thing so great, was the fact that it made a few others jealous because they had no idea what was going on in my light-less room LOL. I never told either, because having others imagine the worse was way more fun to me.

Furthermore, this guy tended to use my room as a hideout whenever females were pursuing him too much...ie stalking him. From my end, it was hilarious to be that friend to him, and furthermore we had good conversations about the kinds of girls that he was getting involved with.

Did I think he was cute? ...Do females generally find Paul Walker cute?
(No, this guy looks nothing like Paul Walker)

But my finding him attractive never played into any of my interactions with him. We were cool, and he thought of me as a levelheaded female. And I guess when you're trying to be the Platonic Female, that's all you're wanting from your relationships with guys.

So, yeah, I am now trying to go a different route, but not too different a route, because I've enjoyed the past and feel like I'd rather be seen as competent and levelheaded, than as a silly, cotton-headed ninny-muggin.

We'll see how that goes :-)

Lessons learned?
I Love being me!!!

Problems?
"Me" has not been on multiple dates ever!! So....hmmm. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment