Friday, October 22, 2010

"I don't date Virgins" ...... :-)

The age old wisdom says that if a girl sleeps around, she's a slut, but that if a guy does so, he's an accomplished bachelor.
Newer wisdom has said that a girl who sleeps around is still a slut, but now a guy who does likewise is a manwhore.
So do men really prefer women who are considered sluts over virgins?....If they are a manwhore, yes.

But there are decent men out there who don't act like Britney off of Glee, they simply prefer a woman with experience...is that so bad?



From where I stand...nope.

When I hear the words, "I would never date a virgin." I don't hear any sort of condemnation on my choice, what I hear is a ton of fear. Fear that she will reject him on principal. Fear that he will have to commit to this girl for at least a few months to wear down her defenses, or will have to put a ring on her finger. Fear that this woman will have too high of expectations from her romantic fantasies for him to ever live up to where it comes to sex. Fear that she will become overly attached to him once they have done it, and that getting rid of her will be a headache. And most of all, fear that he is actually not good enough for her, and guilt if he does lure the girl into bed for nothing but his satisfaction.

A lot of fear, and not enough strength is all I hear, so words like that help me out. They help to weed out the commito-phobes, and the weasels who want to make this the woman's problem, instead of their own.

Because, let's be honest, I am NOT the Problem.

I have no STD's, no kids and no past relationship hang-ups, so if my having no sexual experience prevents you from wanting to know me better....cool.

Why, I am cool with this? Because everything they are afraid of, is a likely outcome. From where I stand, no nookie until the I Do's are complete. But there are those who are simply waiting for the right guy to come around, and believing that this guy is going to eventually be their hubby, go for it, and then can't understand why the guy has dropped them afterward.

Let's be clear, I am not talking about all men, not even most men in these scenarios. The pocket of men I am discussing are the ones who would utter the words from my title and mean it. They don't want a complete commitment, kids maybe, live together sure, but marriage....not on your life. They see marriage as something that will put them in jail, not set them free.

So, until this pocket of men are actually ready for a commitment, I am cool with them stating their fears in such a manner. I can take the criticism for what it is, a smoke-screen and keep on keeping on LOL.

And the next time you, if you do happen to be a virgin, hear this line Ive got the perfect reply...but beware of repercussions...

"I don't date virgins."

"Cool, I don't date douche-bags, so thanks for letting me know."

2 comments:

  1. I love your take on this. It's very true IMO that that comment comes from a place of fear and it's interesting to me how frequently this fear is shrouded in "I need experience" or "I don't have time to teach..." and no one ever points out the selfish nature of that line of thinking.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back. Looking forward to reading this post.

    ReplyDelete