Monday, October 18, 2010

Comments and Answers

I am very appreciative to anyone who reads the words that I write on here, and am enamored with those who actually take the time to share their thoughts with me. My last post actually had a response that got me to squirming in such a way that I felt that a one paragraph response would not suffice, so I decided to give it it's due by devoting an entire post to answering the questions asked by Valeriesworld.



"Now you say you want to be married, have you started making preparations to get married?"
Yes and no.... ....

"What type of man you want to get married to?"
 A Godly man, who also loves me, sports, and kids...in that order :-)

"What is your ideal physical features, his characteristics?"

Ummm, taller than me, preferably an athlete or former athlete of some sort (swimming, wrestling, football...all the same in my book). As far as characteristics, I'd prefer someone who enjoys a good book now and again, and who has a Great sense of humor.

"Where will you live, is he a business man, what preparations are you doing to get married?"

Ummm....I like the part of the country I am in now...and as far as business man...I could care less, I would prefer that he LOVES whatever it is that he does, whether it's cutting people open, saving people's cats in trees, cooking in a restaurant, or sitting in a boardroom all day.
Me? I am being the best me I can be...(I guess that counts as an answer right??)

"I believe in praying for a husband, also read Ruth and Esther.What seeds are you sowing into your future, are you sowing into a married couple, helping them, do you pay your tithes and offerings into your future, for marriage, husband and children?"

I definitely feel like this is a loaded question...but I'll answer it anyway. I do not believe in Karma, nor do I believe that doing good deeds or good works will allow me to live the life I want. My friends are my family, and my church is my family, and my family is my family, I treat them all out of my love and admiration and respect for them...not because I want anything in the future. So when I do good deeds, it's out of love for them. When I tithe, it's out of love for my God and His commandments, and out of love for my church family. When I pray, it is out of love and concern for all of my family. And while I do desire a husband and kids, I pray that God shows me where He wants me to be, and that I will have the heart to go, whether or not that includes a conventional family or not.

"Habakkuk 2:2-3
And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. "
"When you wait on God, you be active waiting, get your beauty treatments down, sort out your cooking skills, sort out your finances, try on wedding dresses, what do you want your wedding to be like, get a book and write down your ideas and cut out pictures from magazines, pictures from the internet."


The Bible passage was actually the perfect passage for me, just not in the way it may have been purposed, but in any case, THANK YOU.
In this, I do want to point out that the vision that the Prophet Habakkuk was told to write down was one from the LORD. And more importantly, that the VISION was an answer to a question in which Habakkuk had asked the Lord from verses 12-17 in the first chapter of the book of Habakkuk.

So if I were to follow this passage to it's fullness, I would have first asked the Lord all of these questions and then I would have waited for His response to be given to me in a vision.  Only then would I have put all of that down here for all to see, as it were though I did not do that...sorry about that.

It is not a bad idea though. I may go ahead and do all that Habakkuk did in order to see what the Lord wants for me, instead of clouding my brain with all of the stuff I think that I want.

And let's be honest, I have wanted friendships and things in the past that turned out to be fool's gold. More importantly is the fact that there is only One being who knows what will make me happy, truly, and I ain't it! :-)

But as for the rest, Valeriesworld, I really believe most of that can be done once the face of the future hubby is in place. Once there's a ring, then trying on dresses, and figuring out the food that he likes, and getting monthly facials can be ON!!!! In fact that is something I'd look forward to doing with friends and family once a date has been set, and a budget put in place.

That being said, if that is how you relax, then by all means, do so girl and don't let me steal your shine!!! :-)
As far as the book part, I like that, and if I weren't such a daydreamer already, I'd fall right in line!! As it stands though, that is actually the last thing I need. I spend too much time thinking and fantasizing about what I'd want my future to look like. So I actually need to live in the here and now, as much as possible.


In any case, I hope that this answered all of your questions, even if you didn't mean for me to answer them all ;-). And like I said earlier, Thank You for reading and caring enough to write a response and to try and help this sometimes hapless creature :-)

2 comments:

  1. I loved this:


    My friends are my family, and my church is my family, and my family is my family, I treat them all out of my love and admiration and respect for them...not because I want anything in the future. So when I do good deeds, it's out of love for them. When I tithe, it's out of love for my God and His commandments, and out of love for my church family. When I pray, it is out of love and concern for all of my family. And while I do desire a husband and kids, I pray that God shows me where He wants me to be, and that I will have the heart to go, whether or not that includes a conventional family or not.


    A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support!!!! It really means a lot to me!!!

    ReplyDelete